Marahaba Swahili Music Festival is held annually and seeks to explore market opportunities for East African artists and music products by exposing them to international event bookers and record labels.
Founder and director Shabani Ramadhani told Music In Africa that the festival's mission was to facilitate networking between artists as well as regional, interregional and international cooperation.
"Last year we featured 14 local and international groups of various music styles," he said. "This year we expect more countries to showcase as we shall be bringing in 12 international festival bookers and agents."
Ramadhani said the festival also promoted artistic works that related to social development.
The deadline for applications is 5 July 2018 and successful applicants will be notified in August.
Successful applicants will benefit from the following:
- Accommodation in Dar es Salaam.
- Per diems for meals and incidentals.
- All local transport related to the performance.
- Application letter.
- Artist profile/biography.
- Latest audio release (YouTube/SoundCloud links).
- A high-resolution promotional photo.